The daisy and selfishness
“I am a daisy in a field of daisies,” thought the flower.
“Amidst others, it is impossible to notice my beauty.”
An angel heard what she was thinking and commented:
– But you are so pretty!
– I want to be the only one!
In order not to hear any complaints, the angel carried her off to a city square.
Some days later, the mayor went there with a gardener to make some changes to the square.
– There is nothing of interest here
Dig up the earth and plant geraniums.
– Hold on a minute! – cried out the daisy
– You'll kill me if you do that!
– If there were some others like you, we could make some nice decoration – answered the mayor.
– But there are no daisies to be found around here, and you on your own do not make a garden.
Then he tore the flower from the ground.